Friday, February 1, 2008

The Vegas Bears of Friday

I was looking for pictures of circus bears, you know, for Vegas, but then realized how funny they are not.

So, what happens in Vegas ... is I buy a house. My house offer was accepted (on the house with The Titanic Chandelier and the big fenced yard, in case I've sent you pictures), and when I get back Monday, I need to finish up the financing and inspection stuff. Been on the phone most of the morning with my realtor. It will be nice to own a house, I think.

Jocelyn arrived last night and we took a tour through old downtown Vegas, which is definitely the skeezier side of town. But, if you need to know where to get feather boas or a room by the hour, or both, plus dollar shots, I know where to go.

We're getting ready to go to The Venetian for a gondola ride and lunch at Enoteca San Marco, where I am planning on eating stuffed zucchini flowers until I am stuffed. Unless they suck. But I'm pretty sure they will not.

Went to The Bellagio yesterday. Wow. It's huge. I had no idea it was acres and acres big. They have a beautiful atrium with a Chinese New Year theme, and giant red, silk Chinese hanging lanterns. Gorgeous. What a lovely place to lose some of my Luxor winnings.

2 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

Congratulations on the house. Love the bears.

Unknown said...

You wrote, "So, what happens in Vegas ... is I buy a house."

So you're moving to Vegas? After such a short courtship with MB?

I know that's not what you meant. But I enjoyed the thought of you living in an apartment above an Elvis-themed wedding chapel until the paperwork on your "house of ill repute" went through....