Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Let it rain

This great storm blew in today -- pounding rain for a while. I love it.

Everything is moving along for closing on the house Friday, I've arranged for movers, found a better deal on homeowners insurance and snagged a bunch of paint samples to go with my home and garden magazines. After Friday, I'll be able to go stare at the walls and picture paint and art there, watch the sun in the yard to see where to plant things and measure for a replacement for that heinous chandelier.

So this is what being a grownup is about, huh? OK. It's a whole new experience.

I'm hanging at home tonight reading about "new old houses," looking at furniture online and watching "Godfather III." Sometimes I forget just how bad this movie is. Who thought it would be a good idea? Who wrote this crappy script? And who made Al Pacino wear an ascot? The whole thing reeks. Except for Andy Garcia.

Give me the original any day.

I wish I had a picture of the Myrtle Beach Slingshot. I was offered a free ride on it today. But anything that involves giant rubber bands and 300 feet in the air? I'll pass. You gotta see this thing, though. I'll take some pictures on the next decent day.

No comments: