Monday, February 4, 2008

Not Leaving Las Vegas...

...at least not anytime soon.

I was supposed to leave Sunday, but it's now Monday afternoon, and I am still here at the airport.

About 5 a.m. Sunday, the fire alarm in our hotel went off and we had to evacuate for an hour. Finally got back in and got about two more hours of sleep, then had to get to the airport. As I was putting my bags in the trunk, the super-windy wind blew the trunk lid down on my head. I think I might be a little concussed. The lump has gone down, but my beezer still hurts.

Then, we get to the airport and find out both of our flights are delated. Jocelyn's took off about 2 hours late, and mine, well, didn't. I was here for 10 hours yesterday before finally getting a room nearby and trying to book something, anything, out of here today.

US Airways rebooked me for 7 this morning, so I got here at 5:30 a.m. (at least I got a straight 5 hours of sleep), and as soon as I checked in, they said the flight has delayed until 9 a.m.

Grrrrr...

Then, they announce there's a part broken and we have to wait for it to get here from Charlotte, which is where I'm trying to get to to catch a flight back to the MB.

Now, allegedly, I'm leaving at 4:30. But if that part doesn't arrive, or can't be installed in time, it looks like I'll be staying in Vegas again tonight.

I thought the saying was "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas," not "Those who come to Vegas stay in Vegas."

If I'm here much longer, I'm gonna have to start looking for work.

3 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

Oh Lorena, that sucks! Your poor bean, too. When folks ask me, "don't you miss traveling with the Razorbacks?" I think of all of the times I dealt with what you are dealing with and smile.

Lorena said...

Sometimes the travel part of traveling really sucks. But it's starting to be funny, now...

Unknown said...

Sucks to by concussed and delated, don't it?