Thursday, February 7, 2008

I don't know what to call this post

I'm NyQuil hung-over, haven't gotten nearly enough sleep to make up for last weekend's airport fiasco (I love that word) and have a chest cold, just sitting there, waiting to turn into bronchitis.

I'm going to blame it on US Airways. In fact, all bad things now are US Airways' fault. Got a problem? Yes you do, and it's US Airways' fault.

However, I signed all the loan docs for my house yesterday, and, out of the blue, got a really awesome gift from a co-worker, Johanna, who knew I wanted a Coach purse. There's an outlet store here, but even at outlet prices, I wasn't going to buy one. She came in yesterday afternoon and handed me this red paper bag with the Coach logo on it, and inside was a beautiful, simple, black shoulder bag. I love it. She's so sweet -- she said "If you don't like it, I can exchange it." Are you kidding?

I don't know what I could possibly have done to deserve that. Maybe sometimes you just get gifts, even if you didn't do anything special.

I'm going to start posting pics of the house, little by little, and thought I'd start with the Chandelier from the Titanic. This will be moved to the Carolina room (the enclosed porch, sunroom, bonus room, whatever you want to call it), which will be the TV room when I get a TV.

In addition to this gorgeous piece of lighting art, you'll probably notice the lovely French street-scene border around part of the top of the kitchen.

That goes, too.

P.S.: Blogger won't run spell check for me any more, so forgive me if there are boo-boos.

5 comments:

Vero said...

Cool chandelier!

Lorena said...

It's hawt.

Andy Shupe said...

When I looked at the wallpaper boarder, I thought it was pictures of tractor-trailers, which would be way cooler.

Unknown said...

Does your new house have an open staircase above which you could hang the chandelier in case you ever have a "War of the Roses" situation in which it could come in handy as a weapon?

Congratulations, by the way!

Lorena said...

No, but it should...