Thursday, January 31, 2008

Arriving in Las Vegas

My trip was so easy this morning. No line at the airport, parking readily available, easy flight to Charlotte to change planes. It just went soooo smoothly.

On the flight from Charlotte to Vegas, I had THE MOST INTERESTING seatmate, who spent almost three of the four hours telling me about his job as a "special ops trainer," global high-end security master and, for four months of the year, he takes rich clients on safari to kill elephants, giraffe, rhino, lions and anything else they want to shoot, how much they pay for each "trophy," and what they do with the animals and skins. He also delivered a lengthy discourse on liberals, Hillary Clinton being the antichrist, Bill Clinton being the worst president ever, and how god sent him to us just so that Jimmy Carter wouldn't have to be known as the worst president ever, Muslim terrorists and how he took his daughter to see a real bullfight in Barcelona or Madrid and how exciting it was to see the bullfighter rewarded with the bull's ears and tail after the animal had died.

Have I mentioned how much I love my iPod? The new Bruce Springsteen is particularly good, especially at the higher volumes.

The Luxor is crazy big and full of fun things to do and see. Had a great night at the blackjack table -- up $400. Sadly, my bed is insanely uncomfortable, and I will be changing hotels tomorrow. Tonight, I'll be sleeping in the chair.

Travel is like live theater -- you just never know what can happen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you heard all that, clearly you should have turned the Springsteen volume up even louder.

Vegas, baby!

Lorena said...

My problem is, I let those people talk. I never say what's in my head, I just nod and smile.