Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Slow to storm

No new pictures today. I barely left the hotel because I was working on, well, work. Writing a press release, trying to make appointments and organizing files.

The only time I left was to run to the Rainbow Grocery/Sporting Goods Store (I'm not joking) for oatmeal bars, apples and almonds. Exciting, huh? It's the only market in South Fork.

The storm clouds take forever to gather here. It has been slowly getting darker, and it looks like it might finally be about to rain. It has been a nice day, working, talking to friends old and new, and a nice long soak in the jacuzzi. I figured out why they ask guests not to add bubble bath to the tub. Oops.

There have been hawks flying around here all day -- beautiful.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the call, Lorena! I'm a lot more sure now of the wisdom of your trip. Still think you ought to squeeze in a side trip to WisKAHNsin. (Is that the accent you sensed?)

No more Harry Potter spoilers, please! I'm just 135 pages in.

And out of curiosity, which favorite Cheap Trick CD did you have to turn off? (Speaking of, is it true there are two In Color albums, and the better one was Albini produced? If I was to look for that one, how would I know if I found it?)

Silly questions, sorry. Keep on keeping us up on your whereabouts.

Lorena said...

Mole! It was great to talk to you. I promise, no more spoilers will be posted. I am so sorry -- I completely disregarded people who haven't finished the book yet. Shame on me.

Oh, my friend. You have not heard the Albini version of In Color? Why did I never send you a copy of it? How cruel am I?

It straight-up rocks.

It's much more like what you hear live, without the screaming Japanese girls or me crying and telling Robin that I love him.

The best stuff: The alternate version of I Want You To Want Me, with clarinet! Clarinet! You're All Talk -- wow do I STILL love that song; and a couple of other alternate tracks, including Fan Club! Sigh... You have to love a love song for the CT fans. It's sweet. There's a good live version on the box set, and they resurrected it a couple years as part of a four-song acoustic set at the beginning of a few shows.

OK, I'm going to figure out how to e-mail you the songs. You need them.

Lorena said...

Oh, and there's a great, trancy version of Oh Caroline.

The other part of the Albini CD is, it was never released. Allegedly, it's not finished. But there are copies out there, clearly. I have my share and yours. Ha ha!

And I was listening to Heaven Tonight over the pass.

Unknown said...

Uh-oh, somebody got newsgrrl started on Cheap Trick.

Back to work!

*whip crack*

I am cracking up about the bubble bath.

Lorena said...

Oh, Joel knows I'm going to write a dissertation in answer to any Cheap Trick question. Ha ha!