Wednesday, July 4, 2007

One of those days...


I've been thinking a lot about mom and dad today, and the upcoming trip. Mom would be worried, especially thinking I might be driving after dark. But I'm my father's daughter. He liked to pick up and go new places. He never minded starting over, either.

I love this picture of them, taken within the couple months before mom died. I like having it to look at, even though it's hard sometimes.
Someone asked me today why I'm doing this trip, and I think it's because I lost so much last year, and I need to get something back. I need to get in touch with my old self again, even just a little. I'm a very different person in some ways than I was a year and a half ago, but one thing that hasn't changed is loving journalism.

I cannot wait to see my friends -- especially Ms. Schnakenberg, who has been in Thailand for a couple of years now. No matter which route I take, I have to be in Sedalia, Missouri, by July 30 to see her.
OK. Back to the clips, clips, clips, and then the packing, packing, packing...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Missouri is SOOOO close to Wisconsin. Just two states away. We have an open door and a guest room to match the open-ended invitation for you to visit. You GOTTA meet Finn and Harper, you know!

Lorena said...

Just two little states? Just two?

Well, my plans are flexible. Let's talk...