Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter and the Great Salty, Smelly Lake

Now I wish I was a poet, because I'd write a sonnet to the amazing Italian food I just ate at Cucina Toscano here in SLC. Best Italian food I've had since I was in Italy. Italian bread with a pesto-oil-Balsamic dip, asparagus soup, little, fluffy gnocchi and lemon gelato with blueberries and raspberries. I couldn't eat nearly all of it, and now I have to stay up until 2 a.m. to get the Harry Potter book simply so I can digest this food.

It turned out to be a good thing I went to the Great Salt Lake before dinner, because while it was beautiful, it smelled bad. Like sewage bad. And salty. Plus, I had to wait in a line of traffic for a rap concert. A rap concert at the Great Salt Lake.

Here's a picture. Now I have to go lie down or, alternately, turn my room into a Roman vomitorivm.

3 comments:

Charles said...

i wondered what was going on at saltair tonight, it was so crowded. noice pic

Lorena said...

Thanks, Nicky.

Unknown said...

I liked your thoughtful and thankful comment about the site of your conception and birth mother. Although you appear to be searching for something on this cross-country trek of yours, Lorena, you are clearly not lost or unsure of who you are or lacking knowledge of whence you came.

But you surprise me that you were able to read/listen to the new HP and not comment on it. I'm not looking for a spoiler (I'm only 12 pages in), but at least tell us if you liked it!