Sunday, August 26, 2007

Gems, gems, gems!

Back in NC last night, on my way to Myrtle Beach. This morning, on the way to stay over at Jen and Lucy's, I went to Gem Mountain! Where everything on their Web page has an exclamation point! I found all kinds of pretty things, including a 1-carat starred sapphire, emeralds, amethyst, rose quartz, sodalite and garnets. Of course, now I need to have them cut to see if they can be made into anything good.

Gem Mountain is up in the Smokies, and the drive up is absolutely gorgeous. It wouldn't translate to photos, because it's all trees, but wow. It's spectacular. These little towns, loke Old Fork and Greenlea, where everyone's homes are old and just as neat as pins, their yards perfectly mowed, and there are little antique stores everywhere.

After I found my fortune in gems and minerals, I drove down to Greensboro, to Jen's, and we've been watching Sopranos episodes all evening and yapping like we haven't seen each other in 10 years.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Myrtle Beach, so I'll finally get to put my feet in the Atlantic!

Hoping to know something by the time the interviews are over Tuesday about whether they want to offer me a job. Have to give Bowling Green an answer on Wednesday.

No comments: