Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Hot!

Hot. That's what today was. Hot past the point of distraction. Hot like sweat running down your face, can barely breathe, almost going to pass out hot. Overheated, cannot think straight, clothes soaking wet hot.

Apparently, it follows me, because I heard it was 85 back in Central California today.

Can I get a thunderstorm here, please?

I worked at an Internet cafe today because David and Sheree's AC wasn't doing so well, but either was the cafe's. Three iced coffees later, I was shaking like a chihuahua. But at least I was cooler, for about five minutes.

Came back to David's in the afternoon, stood in an ice-cold shower, then went swimming until my hands pruned up.

I wanted to go back out in the evening and take some pictures, but it's still in the 80s and it's well past dark. Maybe tomorrow.

3 comments:

Oscar1986 said...

Sweet blog, interesting views, good read. If you get a chance check out my Ancient worldz blog:)love any comments feedback.

Kevin Hudson said...

Isn't the humidity awful? We have had it here in Boston too but not quite as severe as where you are. We leave tomorrow for our Alaska cruise! Woohoo!

When will you be in my neck of the woods?

Kev

Lorena said...

Hey, Kevin!

Have a great time on your cruise! Say hi to Teresa for me.

I'm not sure when I'll be up your way -- probably by end of August, though. Especially if I haven't found a job yet. I hope you won't mind another roommate. ha ha!

But I will let you know as soon as I know something.

In the meantime, have fun!