Friday, August 24, 2007

Going South

I've been in Bowling Green most of the week for a job interview for the city editor position (they offered me the job) and to work, but am heading back to South Carolina for more job interviews. With any luck, I'll have two offers to choose from next week. Fingers crossed, please!

So I'm heading out today for Asheville, NC, which is about halfway, but not before I go take the boat tour of Lost River, an underground river that flows through caves and was, legendarily, a Jesse James hideout. The pictures look really cool. I hope I can get some good pictures down there.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! But don't bite 'til the bidding war escalates. Write your own ticket, as they say.

Good luck!

Lorena said...

Thanks for the congrats. I like the idea of being the object of bidding. ha ha!

Lorena said...

Hey, Mole -- did you get the Cheap Trick song I e-mailed you like five weeks ago? Do you want more?

Krippy said...

Hi Lorena,
My mom wanted me to read your stories because as you may know I also enjoy writing! I really like to travel and write, so I think it is really cool that you do both! Also your stories are very entertaining and humorous!
So long,
Shannon Franceschi

Lorena said...

Well hi, Shannon! Thank you for reading my blog! How are you? How's the family?

Jenn Boring said...

Hi Lorena,
Glad to hear about he job interviews....what do you think? is it too soon to make a decision or do you think these are it? Or why don't you become a free-lance writer continue traveling and just submit your writings to papers??? Your writing is so good, I hope you continue to write with being an editor...speaking of, Christina sent the letters out to 10 Colleges...Hopefully she will have a few write her back-you polished up the letter beautifully! We can't thank you enough for that "editing".
Hope you are listening to some Elton John while on the road..
Talk to you soon!
Jenn