Friday, August 10, 2007

Lazy in Nashville


I am a lazy ass. I got up at 8:30, wandered around the house for a few minutes, went back to bed until 11:30, then spent the afternoon being chauffered around in the chic, air-conditioned comfort of David's Mercedes roadster.

The first picture is Union Station, which is now a grand hotel.

It's 168 out. OK, not really, but the light-board sign at a bank in Nashville had so many lights broken out (probably from the heat), it looked like 168, when it was really only a very pleasant, mild, balmy 108.

I found the house I want to live in here in Franklin. Built in 1829, so it was already almost 40 years old by the time the bloody, swift and Confederate-devastating Battle of Franklin raged all over what was then a tiny town, the house is on the historic list of Franklin homes, and is now up for sale. This is a picture of it, but it's so big, I could only get a small portion of it in the picture, but trust me when I say this is the house for me. It has a sunroom, which I quite like.

Does anyone have an extra $2,465,000 I can borrow? I'll pay it back, I swear. And y'all can come over and use the pool whenever. I'll even make lemonade, maybe some hushpuppies...

I've started making lists as I drive. For example, 43 dead armadillos between Fayetteville and Little Rock; 27 big-ass churches between Franklin and Nashville; one exact replica of the Parthenon in Centenial Park in Nashville; one man getting his Jesus on at the LifeWay Store for Your Christian Journey in Nashville; one shirtless man walking in traffic showing off his moobs and his crack in downtown Nashville; 192 barbecue joints; 379 Starbucks... (OK, I'm exaggerating now, but not about the armadillos, churches, Parthenon, Jesus-getting-on or man-boobs/ass-crack viewing opportunities).

I just felt it was important for you to know that.

This would be the Parthenon replica.

Contemplating heading out this weekend, maybe Sunday, for the "far east" of the country. I really want to see Savannah, and from there, it's not far to the Carolinas.

3 comments:

mshea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mshea said...

The S A V is the B O M B! Let me know if you want to meet some ne'er-do-wells.

Unknown said...

Moobs ... (snigger, snort) ... You said moobs!