Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Ahhh, Arkansas

Western Missouri is postcard pretty all the way down to Springfield. Coming into Arkansas was like coming home! I hadn't really expected to feel that, and Fayetteville has grown a lot since I was last here, but it's still so nice.

I'm feeling really lucky tonight to have the kind of friends who, even if I don't see them for years, when we do meet again, it's like we were never apart.

Spent two days with Lea Ann in Sedalia, Mo., and we talked and talked like we used to when we were roommates. Only difference is, we're too old to stay up all night anymore. Other than that, it seems impossible to believe I haven't seen her since I lived in Chicago nine years ago.

I left this afternoon and drove down to Fayetteville, arrived about 9 and went to dinner with Andy and Jen -- it was like I just saw him yesterday. Cannot wait to go out taking pictures, and go to the elephant rescue and the Wild Wilderness Drive-Thru Safari Park and see the lemurs!

On the way down, I saw a farm-equipment graveyard in someone's front yard, a sign that said "for sale: stuff" and a roadside stand selling "jam, jelly, tomatoes, squash and rabbits." I'm guessing the rabbits were not for pets.

No comments: