Sunday, October 26, 2008

I might not know art...

...but I know what I like. There have been some gorgeous photos from the presidential race this year.

As someone who has a hard time photographing people at all, I particularly admire when photographers get not only that great light, but that great expression on someone's face or that one critical moment. It's a skill, an art and a science.

I saw these today and just had to borrow them.

There's a particularly beautiful photo gallery from today's Obama rally in Denver on www.denverpost.com. The rally is the lead story, and just below it there's a link to the slideshow, which has one of the best pictures I've seen of Obama, but it was not copy-able (rightly so, of course -- copyright infringement is wrong, wrong, wrong).

So I'll just urge you to check out the Web site and enjoy these for now. Click on them to enlarge the views.

I like the one of McCain, particularly, because I think it does what all news photos aim to do and that is tell the whole story. You can almost see the whole span of his life in that one shot. At least that's what it feels like to me.



No comments: