Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Boss

I've realized lately that I'm a late-in-life Springsteen fan. I've always liked him, but kind of peripherally. But the more I listen, the more I like. He's an amazing songwriter, but now I feel like I'd like to see a show, too.

Just saw a video of him live in Barcelona, doing "The Rising," and remembered that feeling of pure joy when you're at a show and the band you love comes out on stage and the music starts and everyone's cheering and clapping, and the band is clearly happy to be there.

We need more of that feeling, however it comes.

4 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

I would have picture you as a hard-core Springsteen fan from way back. He has so much soul and grit.

I had a Spanish teacher in high school that would let us get 100s if we could write out all the words to Thunder Road on the back of our exams. Springsteen has that sort of fans.

Unknown said...

Did you have to write the lyrics en espanol?

Andy Shupe said...

No, that was the best part. I didn't have to even know Spanish to get As, which is probably the reason why I can't even seem to order at Taco Bell without help.

Unknown said...

"You quiero Taco Bell, BOSS!"