Friday, October 17, 2008

The Bike


I went for my first ride this morning, down at Huntington State Park. It was really fun, and it felt great.

I like to call this picture "Bike with Jetta."

As you can see, my bike is nothing a real cyclist would consider, but I like it. It's comfortable and I don't feel like I'm perched atop some forward-leaning death machine. My feet can touch the ground if I need them to, and I can carry things in my little basket.

I wanted the cherry-red model, but the one bike store here that sells Elektras didn't have them. They had this one and pink. Pink. Like Pepto-Bismol pink. Blick. This was the last 2008 model in blue, and I think it's pretty. Because this area is very flat, I didn't feel I needed to get into gears -- or even hand brakes. I love that I just back-pedal to stop.

Still, it needs a banana seat, don't you think? It also needs a name. Help me?

6 comments:

Vero said...

They make some great gel bike seats these days - very comfy!

How about "Pearl" short for blue pearl as a bike name?

Lorena said...

Ahh, Pearl. That's nice. Janis Joplin's nickname, too.

Andy Shupe said...

How about "Southern Comfort," staying with the whole Janis Joplin theme?

Love the bike.

Unknown said...

I've been riding my bike a lot, too. Wouldn't it be fun to ride together? Let's put that on our list for when I visit. The Daily Beast is also one my favs. Miss you!

Unknown said...

Susan = Patti in Merced

Lorena said...

Well, hi Susan! Hell yes we can go biking when you come visit. I miss you, too. Come visit soon!