Friday, May 2, 2008

I'm not making this up

Just now, a colleague got what has to be, hands down, the funniest phone call this week.

A man called to say he sent us a press release and wanted a story in the paper because -- get this -- his girlfriend is coming to town looking for a job.

Stop the presses! Are you kidding? She's coming here? For a job? I've never heard of such a thing.

I had some diet Coke with lunch, maybe that could go on tomorrow's A1! Also, I'm trying out a new fabric softener. I think that deserves its own special section and an audio slideshow for the online edition.

Wait. I have the headline for tomorrow's front page: Area Idiot Calls Reporter with Stupid Story Idea.

4 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

What did the release say. Now I'm curious...

mshea said...

Make sure to put it on the wire. Things are slow out here.

Unknown said...

You've got to share the press release with us.

Still, kudos to the boyfriend for doing all he can to help make his place her new home.

Unless he's her pimp.

Lorena said...

I don't have the release, sadly. And I don't think the boyfriend wrote the release. I believe she did. But that is an unsubstantiated rumor.