Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hallelujia! Cheap Trick in the MB!

Even though I mocked Jehovah yesterday on this very blog, He has somehow seen fit to send my favorite band to the MB. Or at least a couple of its members.

Thank Yaweh for celebrity golf tournaments! Yeah!

Hard Rock Cafe is doing a benefit tournament Monday and having some kind of red-carpet hoo-ha Sunday night, and they sent me an e-mail a few minutes ago letting me know that Cheap Trick will be here.

It'll be Rick and Robin, certainly, being as how they are the golfers of the band.

Oh, it takes me back to the last celebrity golf tournament I saw them at, where I choked on my gum while interviewing Robin. That was hot.

I've got to think of some new, never-before-seen way of humiliating myself in front of him this year.

But late, late the night before, he drunk-dialled me to make arrangements for the interview the following day. That actually was kinda hot. Not the drunk part, but, you know, talking to Robin Zander on the phone late at night...

I know what I'm doing at 6:30 Sunday. Snapping some pictures and screaming "Robin!!!!!"

2 comments:

Kevin Hudson said...

this is so bitchen.

Unknown said...

I think you meant, "Rob-EEEEEEEEEEEEEN!"