Thursday, May 1, 2008

Gator!

That's it, I'm done with company. No one is invited to visit me at my new house. Kevin and Peter were so absolutely, stunningly boring -- we didn't do ANYTHING fun.

Just kidding.

To me, the weekend went by too fast. We went to Alligator Adventure, Hard Rock Park, the haunted house "adventure" (OK, maybe not so much on the "intense-dark" experiences for me...), took a river cruise, played mini-golf at the Peter Pan course and went to Savannah overnight. Oh, and we ate. I'm still full from last weekend. I think I'm digesting like a dormant alligator -- not like the one in this picture Kevin took.

At Alligator Adventure, we got to see the gators being fed. Just chicken parts, which is good. But we also saw one in a large pond dragging around a dead gator by the head, or whatever was left of the upper musculature. It swam around with it for awhile like it was showing off its prize, while others did the gator roll to snag a snack, but then the greedy gator took his Precious off into the reeds. I don't want to know how long it took him to finish that meal.

The park is cool -- they have Siberian tigers, all kinds of reptiles including Galapagos turtles, a couple of river otters, these beautiful red-headed storks, and, most importantly -- ring-tailed lemurs! Lemurs! Here in the MB! Who knew?

Savannah was, of course, awesome. I love that city. We had a nice carriage ride, saw some fireworks, tromped around a "haunted" city square and probably scared off whatever spirits might have been there, visited Bonaventure cemetery (one mark of how much "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" has affected Savannah -- no one questioned why we needed directions to Bonaventure at 11:30 at night or even looked at us like that was a strange request), and saw some parts of town I had not seen on my first visit.

To my disappointment, no one rode the Slingshot, though. Maybe the next visitor...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll ride the Slingshot!

But not if it lands me in the reeds to suffer the same fate as Precious.

Lorena said...

When will you come visit the MB? There are no reeds for you to land in...