Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Possible tornadoes?

We're expecting high winds, hail and possible tornadoes this afternoon. Why can't I be out storm chasing? Well, maybe I will be, but for work, not for fun.

Tornadoes could mean water spouts on the ocean. That would be cool to see. As long as no one gets hurt, of course.

What I'm going to miss when I move out of the condo: Seeing the ocean every day. What I'm not going to miss: Drunken college students screaming "South Carolina, fuck yeah!" at 3 a.m. in the courtyard below me. On a Tuesday morning. They were here all weekend, hanging out on the balconies of the condos around me, burping as loud as they could, playing drinking games and being, well, drunken college kids. Not that I've never played a game of Quarters. But I thought they'd go home Sunday night.

You know you're getting old when you can't tolerate some 3 a.m. noise anymore. Damn kids.

2 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

Burps no longer make me think, "I could take that wuss."

Lorena said...

And they no longer make me laugh. Does that mean we're growing up?