Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Painting is not fun

I hoped to fall into this zen-like state and just paint, paint, paint tonight. But that didn't happen. And now I don't like the color I chose for my living rom. It's just not right.

But I did find a handy-man. He's going to come over at lunch Thursday and let me know if he can hang the new chandelier and check out the kitchen cabinets, which were obviously hung for someone who's 3-foot-6, not 5-foot-6.

Also, when I went to pick up a print I had framed yesterday, the framer saw my Cheap Trick license plate frame and said he had some photos taken here at the House of Blues a few years ago, and he thought I should have them, so he called me today and said I could come pick them up, and he gave me this already-framed pair of pictures, one of Robin and one of Rick, with a guitar pick between them. Nice. I loved how he felt he needed to point out Rick's mike stand lined with picks. "Because he was throwing those into the crowd that night." Wow -- because THAT never happened at any other show. Also, he felt like I owed him a hug, because apparently my profuse thanks and admiration of the pictures were not enough. People here like to touch, a lot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool is that to just be given framed Cheap Trick pix, eh?

But it just goes to show, nothing's free. Some stuff costs a hug.

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm listening to CT RIGHT NOW! "Yeah Yeah" from the self-titled album I got shortly before I met you! My possession of it fooled you into thinking I was cool.

Talk about a "cheap trick"!

Sorry. I'm working late at the office laying out the April issue. I'm a little strung out ....