Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Full house

Amazing. I would never have thought I would own enough stuff to fill a three-bedroom house. But it is full and now needs to be organized.

Jen came down from North Carolina on Sunday and she's helping unpack, which is awesome. Everything really does seem to go twice as fast. Plus, we had to move a large piece of furniture out of the living room last night so the painters can get in there today and change my walls from mostly sandy-colored to a tasteful and nonthreatening cocoa-and-cream combo (yep, I got a great deal and I am taking it), and I could not have done that without her.

I could have tried, but I'd be trapped underneath that dresser right now.

The painters said they want to finish the living room and dining room today, which will be great. I can start hanging pictures this weekend, and it will feel more like home. Well, after the pictures and after I find the power cord for my CD player and rock some Cheap Trick for my -- and my neighbors' -- listening pleasure.

Tally of things broken in the move and so far discovered: One cheap red wine glass.

This had nothing to do with me, but I still wanna brag about our paper for a minute. We won a truckload of awards from the S.C. Press Association recently, including the Presidents' Cup and general excellence among papers of our size, and the difficult-to-win public service prize.

No comments: