Saturday, December 29, 2007

Pawleys marshes

Decided to head south this afternoon to check out Pawleys Island, a little resort town about 40 minutes down toward Charleston. The afternoon light was so pretty, so I went to the marshes to take some pictures and stopped at Huntington Beach State Park for some more. Actually, I was hoping to see the alligators on the freshwater side of the park, but they were not to be found today. I saw big blue heron and some brown pelicans, though. Gorgeous.

Also, finally found a place I would take visitors to eat. This little Italian cafe/pasticceria with panini, perfect cappucino and homemade, real Italian dolci -- sweets -- like a pastacciato, a tiny little pie with a dense, shortbread-style crust, and filled with Italian pastry cream. I'm making the yummy sound right now just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Andy Shupe said...

What a beautiful spot.