Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's like a ghost town

The MB sure is quiet right now. The off season, the holidays -- driving down Ocean Boulevard to work today, I didn't pass a single other car for 17 blocks. If only people had known the weather would be so nice right now, I'm sure they would have made travel plans.

I've been surprised to learn recently that our town has no community theater. None. There are theaters in towns around here, but nothing in MB. The city's going to deal with a proposal to build a theater after the first of the year, but wow. I don't think I've ever lived in a city that didn't have a theater. Selfishly, I hope the city hurries, because I've been dreaming about getting back up on the boards lately and/or directing a show.

The other theaters don't have anything I want to -- or could -- audition for right now because they are doing musicals. But somewhere, someone's got to be doing a good old standard.

No comments: