Monday, September 10, 2007

The Redneck Riviera!

Five days since I've blogged? You'd think I've been doing something important, vital, life changing, maybe critical to national security or something, right?

Nope.

I was in Columbia with Betsey for a couple of days, fell in love for five minutes at The Art Bar, looked at vacation rentals on the 'net, hung out with Cow and Chicken and finished a pretty good book called "Special Topics in Calamity Physics."

No, it's not the story of my life. But I'm a little miffed that I didn't think of that title.

Now I'm here in the MB, looking at said vacation rentals, and realizing why this area's called The Redneck Riviera. Woo! Some of these rentals are gorgeous and some? Well, let's just say I wouldn't be surprised to hear "Dueling Banjos" on the muzak channels. I'm definitely passing on the one that has a view of the trailer park.

Found a couple of places along the beach -- tiny, but what a view! Found a couple of others a couple blocks from the beach, bigger, cheaper, and one even has a screened porch for my sheltered thunderstorm enjoyment.

Oh, and I also had to do my pre-employment drug screen today. There are few things more likely to induce a serious eye-roll from me than the whiz quiz. I hate having to lay off the smack, even for a day, dammit.

I'm seriously contemplating Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede for dinner tonight. Either that or Medieval Times. Someone better rescue me!

No comments: