Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Just Got Back...

...maybe? Covered my first planning commission meeting last night, and wrote a story (on C-2 today -- that's not where I like my stories to run) and it felt great. I already feel at home in the newsroom. It's so strange. It almost feels like I've been here for at least months, if not longer.

My editor Sarah is a free-speaking, free-cursing biker chick who's gorgeous and funny. She seems cool. We're having lunch today, so I'll get to know her better then.

I picked up about a box of business cards at city hall yesterday. I love that getting-to-know-you thing with public officials. Also nice: The editorial page editor told me this morning "You must be a pro. That story read like you knew all about it."

It feels good to be a reporter again.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a pro.

But by "biker chick," do you mean Harley or Trek? I have to ask. Lots of the latter swear too -- but without the noise of unbridled mufflers, you can actually hear them swearing.

Lorena said...

Harleys, not mountain bikes.

Unknown said...

But I miss you! *whine*

Lorena said...

So, should I be having a bad time, Ana? ;)

I miss you, too. Do you want me to e-mail you the morning political rant?

Unknown said...

I have a funny for you.

I was telling the kids that a new person will be in my office with me, where you used to sit.

A said, "Is she the sassy one?"

I don't know where he got that, I swear.

Unknown said...

And sure, the political rant would be swell!

Lorena said...

Me? Sassy? Where would he hear that?