Monday, April 7, 2008

My life as a homeowner

There was a time when you could look through my purse and find all manner of fun things.

Now, what you'll find at the bottom of my bag is a paint key, Lowe's receipts and picture-hanging kits.

How chic.

Let's play a game. It's called "What's That Growing in Lorena's Yard?"

I'll describe something in my yard and you tell me what it could be. And let me just say up front, the answer is never going to be "pot." Weeds, maybe, but not the chronic kind.

OK. Here's this week's unnamed flora: It comes from a bulb, grows on a thick stalk about two feet tall, and has long, slender, plain, pale green leaves. The closed flower is kind of a dark, almost rusty color, but when open, it looks like an alstromeria inside, only bigger, with thicker petals.

Your guess is as good as mine! I'll try to find a prize if you get it right. of course, I might never know if you ARE right, because I don't know what it is, either!

2 comments:

Kevin Hudson said...

take a picture of it and we will send it to my Dad. He will know what it is!

Lorena said...

Of course! Jazz knows all. I will do that.