Thursday, November 1, 2007

An office-coffee moment

The other day, a co-worker made some snide comment about the "sludge" we drink here in the office, which I thought was a joke until this morning. I'm on my second cup because I had to get here at 7 a.m. to be the day cops reporter, and of course, last night I was Insomnia Central. Didn't go to sleep until 4, got up at 6. I LOVE those nights. But that's all just an explanation for why in god's name I would ever, ever, have two cups of Folgers, triple Sweet-N-Low and fake creamer powder. And why I no longer laugh at "sludge," because there in the bottom of my cup, sure enough, is some greyish sludge.

The good thing about being this tired? I'm so tired I just don't care, and I'm punchy. Everything is funny, including the woman who just passed through the newsroom carrying a GIANT plastic bag filled with already inflated balloons.

I'm such a slacker -- I was going to post something for Halloween, with dogs dressed up in horrible, torturous costumes. I even found some hilarious pictures, like "dogzilla," with a bulldog in a green lizard costume. But now it's over. I guess I'll save them for next year.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, Halloween's over and Finn refused to wear the dragon costume I spent more than a week making for him. He wouldn't even put it on long enough for me to take his picture.

I feel foolish for feeling disappointed when I shouldn't have even been surprised. He's only three, afterall.

At least when I dressed him up in warm sweats (which were supposed to go under the dragon costume), he said, "Daddy? I want to be a runner." This aging marathoner really didn't mind hearing that.

Lorena said...

Awww, see, he was in a costume after all. That's so cute!

You sew? Where'd you learn that? Prison?

Unknown said...

I don't sew but I do paint over cardboard and packing tape – all considered contraband in prison, or so I assume.