Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shocked

And here I didn't think I could be shocked anymore.

Here's what I learned in the past 24 hours:

1. South Carolina is like its own country. One where you CAN arrest people in secret.

2. It's OK to keep doing something wrong, because it's always been done like that.

3. There is a very, very large spider living just outside my back door. VERY large.

4. Joel, who introduced me to The X-Files, has not gone to see the movie yet.

Dear Joel: Yes, you should go see it. It's like a decent stand-alone episode, no aliens or alien conspiracies, and it's great to see Mulder and Scully again, though Mulder's snarky little twinkle seems to have been replaced by a very serious tone. Of course, some of that might have to do with his and Scully's baby, whose absence is never fully explained. All in all, there are some flaws in the script, but it's still fun to see them again and worth watching. Don't take the kids though.

Your friend,
Ms. Ebert.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, no reason to be shocked I haven't seen the X-Fileds movie yet. My babies fully explain that one. Noelle and I can't even justify a NetFlix subscription: we so seldom have the opportunity or energy to watch a movie, let alone go to a theater to see one.

I didn't recall being the one who got you into The X-Files. If you, you're welcome. Can't say I did the same for Noelle. So if we get a chance to go out, we're more likely to see a chick flick or costume drama.

Sigh.

Lorena said...

Sorry about your lack of X. I hear that's what happens when people get married.

But I'm going to get Dan Savage on your ass -- moviegoing requires compromise. And if your wife won't consent to a fair compromise, I think it's OK to seek another movie-viewing partner.

Or go alone.

Unknown said...

She's not unwilling, I don't think. We don't need marriage counseling over this, anyway. We're just tired all the time. But who isn't?

Unknown said...

We may be seeing the movie tonight!

Our sitter is taking the kids camping overnight. When I asked Noelle if she'd go to the X-Files flick, she said, "For you, I would."

Ain't love great?

Lorena said...

Awww. There ya go. I wasn't suggesting marriage counseling, by the way. Just saying find a friend who will indulge your movie needs. Or lone-wolf it.

Unknown said...

Guess our NetFlix sub hasn't run out yet. We got a Jackie Chan movie in the mail yesterday.

Wah-hoo!

Maybe I haven't changed afterall.