Thursday, July 24, 2008

Double-header

Tomorrow is my day off and I have a movie double-header planned. The Dark Knight and The X-Files. Part of me wants to say "hell yeah!" around a mouthful of popcorn, while another part of me is thinking about how I'm going to get my laundry done and clothes ironed and house cleaned up and still get my rest in this weekend.

God damn, getting older is boring.

But it has been a long, long time since I've done a double-header -- since back when Ms. Schnakenberg and I lived in Little Rock and both worked second jobs so we could pay for our day-off nonfat-frozen-yogurt-lunch-then-movie-dinner-cocktails indulgences. Well, we also used that second income to pay for shoes, too, my favorite pair of which might still be under a hotel bed in Rochester, Minn., where I left them when I was driving from Chicago to Seattle.

See? You start getting old and your mind wanders, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heard nothing but good about those two shows. Have fun!!

Unknown said...

Are you sure you and I never took in a double feature? If we did, I can't recall. Maybe I fell asleep. I was younger then, so I have to believe I had the stamina. But I'm older now and have more toruble remembering stuff.

We're in the same theater of advancing senility now, I guess.