Friday, January 8, 2010

A new start for 2010

Everyone makes New Year's resolutions, but I've decided to make lists instead.

I'm working on a list of things I want to let go of, and another list of things I want to bring into my life.

On that second list is "more personal writing."

And I remembered, "Oh yeah, I have a blog -- which I have utterly neglected for several months now."

So I'm going to begin again.

This is my first post for the new year. I hope 2010 is happy and healthy for everyone. It's got to be better than 2009, right?

Mine will start off right with a long weekend in Boston at the end of this month, including my first Cheap Trick show in more than four years.

It's time to get back to doing things I used to enjoy and see if I still enjoy them. If not, OK, but I am going to find things to be joyous about this year.

For the two weeks before a show, I listen to almost no other music than Cheap Trick -- don't know why, but I've done it for years now. It just gets me hyped up. Or at least it used to.

The pre-show ritual begins tomorrow. I've already decided what the selection of the day will be -- the newest live album, CT doing the Sgt. Peppers album. It's so good that I almost can't wait until tomorrow.

The CT show will be fun, but so will staying at Kevin and Dan's and hanging out with Felix the cat, playing Wii, going to see the science of Harry Potter exhibit and getting to see Kev and Dan when they return from their cruise.

No comments: