Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cheap Trick cures a bronchial infection...

... at least for a couple of hours.

I am sick as a dog, but my voice held out long enough to vocally show my appreciation for my favorite band, which still rocks hard after all these years.

They opened with "Way of the World," which I have never, in all my 43 shows, seen them perform live until tonight. They played "Heaven Tonight," which is a rarity, and "Baby Loves to Rock," also not usually on the set list. They looked great, sounded great and seemed like they were super energized.

It was truly an awesome, awesome show.

But it's freezing outside, and I'm freezing inside -- like to my bones -- and need some hot tea and cold meds.

2 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

Robeeen!

I will always remember covering that Cheap Trick concert with you at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa. That was so much fun. How many concerts end with drinking with the band at the bar?

Lorena said...

Awww, Shupe, that WAS a great show! I was so glad to do that assignment with you.