Thursday, December 25, 2008

A workaday Christmas

Despite the 72 scanner calls about respiratory distress and having to eat fajitas for Christmas dinner, it's been a pretty nice day.

My roommate gave me a DIY book on small home repairs and projects -- thinking maybe next time she breaks her sink I can fix it, plus a new game and, best of all (or maybe worst of all for my diet) a panini press. And not just like some cheap-ass George Foreman grill, it's a Breville.

Dang.

I feel bad now that I just got her a teapot-for-one, some shi-shi teas and a Barnes & Noble gift card.

The day is almost over, and tomorrow I get to fly to Boston for my birthday weekend. So excited. I'm already packed, except for my jewelry and a couple other last-minute essentials and am sooo ready to go. Go go go.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

PANINI!!!
Merry Christmas, happy birthday and have a wonderful trip!

Lorena said...

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Hope your new year is awesome!

Kevin Hudson said...

yay! you will be here in 12 hours! yay!