Saturday, November 8, 2008

Huh.

Add to the list of things I don't understand: Facebook.

I don't get it.

I mean, I know what it is, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it.

Virtually save the rainforests? How about actually doing something real to save the rainforests?

And I don't get the messaging thing. We all have e-mail. If we didn't, we couldn't have Facebook pages. So if you want to e-mail me, just do that. Why do you need to post something on my "wall," which then gets sent to my e-mail? Why not just e-mail me?

And now I have people on my "friends list" who I barely know. I wouldn't say we were "friends," but I don't know the etiquette of Facebook -- if I don't agree to someone's friend request, their request just hangs around like a sad mime at the edge of a park, hoping a crowd will come up and let him do the "I'm in the box and can't get out" thing.

Someone sent me virtual candy. And plants. What am I supposed to do with those? And am I a bad person if I don't send you candy or plants back? I don't even know how.

Apparently, I can join Facebook groups, too, like the "I love tennis shoes" group. Again, I don't get it. I love Cheap Trick, right? And when I want to talk about my love for the band, I go to the CT message boards and talk to other fans, but only people who are into it go there -- I'm not posting my discussions there for everyone on Facebook to see. There's no need, and most people don't really give a rat's ass.

Maybe it's just not my thing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You know what I don't understand? Nightsticks. They seem so top (or would it be the bottom)heavy to me. How the heck are you supposed to club someone with one? Do you wrap your arm around it, do you just hold tight to the cross thing going sideways and then smack someone i the head with it? Isn't a billy club much much more efficient? I don't get it.

Kevin Hudson said...

you know what I don't understand? text messaging. It's a phone, right? and the time it takes to text someone is less than the time it takes to call them? I don't get that.

Oh, and midgets. I don't get them either.

mshea said...

Hilarious!

How I miss crazy L ...