Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Who needs sleep?

It's 5:15 a.m. I've been awake since 3. I fell asleep at 11:30. I have city council at 9 and I'm wide awake.

Why? Last night I couldn't fall asleep until 4:30, and now this.

When I went to bed, I was thinking it would be nice to get up early, with time to make coffee and have breakfast before the meeting. I was thinking 7, not 3 o'fucking clock.

Now I'm watching Sex and the City reruns and waiting to put laundry in the dryer, and come 7 a.m., I'll be ready to go back to bed.

Oh! There's the garbage man. Great.

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That moon is huge and bright. No wonder you were awake so early.

kgisborne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kgisborne said...

Hmmm, I'm going through a phase like that too. Well, worse than my usual bad sleep. On Saturday night I couldn't get to sleep until 4am. Sunday night it was 3am. So from Saturday afternoon to about midday on Monday I read two whole novels (one was Dan Brown's "Angels & Demons", finally). All I can say is "Thank God there are enough books left in the world to see me through my insomniac nights until I die! LOL And for the Dan Brown readers, is it really *that* easy to get complete & unrestricted access to the Vatican and all its secrets/treasures? In which case... uhhh, I'm an expert in... ummm... that Illuminati shit too, honest!

Oh dear, I'm rambling... sorry.

Keep up that good blogging work Lorena, and don't go falling asleep in daylight hours!

(P.S Proff reading is better done BEFORE publishing, right? DOH!!)

Andy Shupe said...

Weird, but I've been sleeping terribly as well. Think it's that big-ass moon?

Lorena said...

I don't know what it is, but yay! Kim is here! I actually couldn't see the moon last night -- too many clouds. But I'll never complain about a thunderstorm.

Maybe we all have guilty consciences? Hmmm?

Anonymous said...

L, I'm glad I found you again!

Lorena said...

Wow! It's like reunion day here!