Thursday, October 11, 2007

Boston

This week marks a shift in my work schedule because as of next Sunday, I'll be the editor for the Monday papers. So I'm off tomorrow and heading for Boston for the weekend to visit Kevin and Dan. They've promised me a tour of Cambridge and Harvard, and booked a Duck Tour -- those tour vans that drive around the city but also go into the river. We'll get to see the Freedom Trail, with spots like The Old North Church and Boston Harbor (obviously, I did not take this beautiful picture of the harbor, but I'm excited to get to see it).

Kevin's also promised we'll have plenty of opportunity to hear people say things like "wicked good" and "Haahvaahd Yahhhd." I wish there was any possibility of seeing a Sox game, but we will get to see Fenway Park, in any case.

4 comments:

Kevin Hudson said...

Oh, by the way, the Sox are in town for the play offs so it may be ultra crazy over near Fenway.

Kevin Hudson said...

or should I say it may be wicked packed over there.

Lorena said...

Woo! I soooo wish there was a way to get tickets that didn't cost like a gigillion dollars. I hope they win! Then we can go get caught in the pandemonium like the night the Bulls won their third? fourth? in a row and Pete and Olga and I saw riot cops on the streets of Chicago. I got caught in traffic that night and saw a taxi overturned by the crowd.

Kevin Hudson said...

for the first 3 years we lived here, we lived 3 blocks from Fenway Park. That first fall was when they went to the World Series. It was an unpleasant mess in our neighborhood and I never recovered.

Wicked Bad, Pally