Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Shark alert!

Whenever I turn on the TV and see that "Jaws" is on, I always say hi to my dad, because he knew it is my favorite movie, and whenever it was on, he'd make sure I knew it.

Didn't matter if I was already in bed. He'd knock softly on my door and wake me up to tell me "Honey, 'Jaws' is on."

He didn't distinguish between the various sequels and the original, though, so sometimes I'd get up hoping to catch my very favorite part (where Robert Shaw tells the story of the USS Indianapolis), only to see the leathery Denis Quaid in the extra-crappy 3-D version, or even worse, Michael Caine in the craptacular "Jaws 4," with the famous roaring great white shark.

It's always a surprise when I flip on HBO or TNT and there's "Jaws," but it's never a surprise when I hear my dad's voice right away. "Honey, 'Jaws' is on."

Hi daddy. Wanna watch it with me?

No comments: