Monday, May 18, 2009

Flip me, I'm done

Back in my pre-newspaper days, I worked a lot of different jobs, including at a care home for developmentally disabled and schizophrenic people.

One woman, Betty, was confined to a wheelchair, and when she'd get really angry at someone, she would fling herself forward and backward with enough force to flip her wheelchair over. We'd have to pick her and the chair up while she flailed furiously on her back.

Sometimes -- just for a milisecond -- I wish I could flip my office chair over that way. The problem is, I'm usually only that angry at my stupid laptop, and it certainly wouldn't be able to pick me up off the floor. This lame-ass thing can barely deal with having to open Word and Explorer in the same decade.

2 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

heee YAH!

Don't be mad.

Lorena said...

Heee YAAAAAAAHHHHHH!