Saturday, June 30, 2007

Begin at the beginning

To say this year has been "rough" is the biggest fucking understatement of, well... of the year, anyway. More on that later.

I left my 17-year career in journalism last summer to take a PR job. I miss the newsroom. I miss the cameraderie of a group of misfits all bailing the same sinking ship, day after day, and loving almost every minute of it.

So today, I gave notice at my safe, secure public university job, am putting my belongings in storage and hitting the road in search of a newspaper job in a town that seems like a good place to live and a new life. Or some semblance, anyway.

I'm going to head East in a couple of weeks. I want to visit friends in other states and see the East Coast from Savannah to Halifax. Along the way I plan to stop in towns and cities that seem like places I'd like to live, apply for jobs at their newspapers, meet people, take some pictures and have some adventures.

Oh, yeah, and write about my journey.

7 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

Oh Lorena, I wish you luck. Keep us all posted and know we love you. Andy

Lorena said...

I love YOU, Andy Shupe. You rock!

Kevin Hudson said...

Come to Boston!!!

I am very proud of you.

Kevin

Unknown said...

Yowsa! But true to form for the ever ballsy Lorena Macarena.

Come to Wisconsin, dammit! It's east of the Mississippi afterall.

May the wind be at your back, my friend.

As Ric once wrote:

"Next position please
Do I have to get down on my knees
Next position please
Im in a hurry, so hurry please

People all over the world
They get up they get down
They get in they get out
They get pushed, they go back
Start all over again
Till they get to the end

I wanna move up within the company
I can do better with an opportunity
Why dont they use me instead of abuse me?
Im ten out of ten, not some whore in some movie
I wanna be the biggest gun in the world
I wanna see the tits on every girl

Next position please
You have to get down on your knees
Next position please
Im in a hurry, so hurry please"

... hurry to Wisconsin. And post pic of some of those tits. Uh ... for Ric. Not me.

Joel

Lorena said...

Thanks for the support, guys! I means a ton.

Lorena said...

I mean IT means a ton! Already a typo.

Unknown said...

Hey L,
Glad you are underway! You are going to love Zion if you can stand the heat! Try and check out Moab, UT if possible. Drive up Sand Flats road and watch the sunrise or sunset.
Love, Obe